At the Diamond Gallery, we believe local business can have an impact on global issues. Since we opened in 1992, we have been designing Diamond Gallery™ branded and proudly Canadian crafted jewellery. Corporate responsibility is a significant part of our business, and we have undertaken a leadership role towards effectuating innovative and positive changes in our industry.
Human Rights, Environmental, and Corporate Sustainability
- Our Diamond Gallery™ designs are made of 95% recycled gold and platinum
- Most designs are handcrafted by fairly compensated, European trained, Canadian master-class craftspeople
- 2002 Commitment to human rights by being among the world’s first jewellers to source diamonds from non-conflict countries of origin
- 2002 Commitment to limit toxic gasses into the environment by eliminating rhodium plating on most rings
- 2003 Launch of Canadian mined Diamond Gallery branded diamonds and designs direct to the consumer, the only brand still in continuous use today Canadian Diamond Brands – Canadian Diamond Code of Conduct
- 2008 Introduction into our marketplace, the first 99.99% pure recycled collection of precious metal designer jewellery
- 2009 Opening of North America’s first jewellery store in a sustainable green geothermal building at www.1735corydon.ca
- 2009 ‘Green’ leasing agreements with tenants, one of the first in North America
Support a local jeweller who strives for sustainability in our industry and community.